Go away. Don't Leave Me.




Where am I? This is home….yet I cannot recognise it. This place has changed so much. I barely remember how it looked like back in the days. The roads are all different, and the landmarks I know are demolished. Will I be able to survive here?





Who am I? I am no longer the person I used to be. I fall sick easily. I have so many illnesses now. My body is stiff and rigid. The reflection that stares back at me is so ugly. All my blemishes, my scars, my wrinkled skin, my white hair. What a disgusting creature! Is that really me?





Where did everyone go? The family I grew up with and the friends I made in this neighbourhood: gone. I don’t see them around anymore. Maybe they moved off to greener pastures. Or to the afterlife. It’s just me now. I’m all alone.I’m so scared. Why did they have to go?





Who are you? You with your hair as black as night and your skin as clear as day. You with your trendy new look. Are those pants really necessary? It’s so tight fitting. Is it not uncomfortable? Also that shirt is so short. So revealing. Do you want the whole world to see your stomach? Are you not afraid of what men could do? What would your mother say? What a rebellious child. What do you want from me? I don’t want to be associated with you. Please go away.





….Yet, the only people around here is you. You are the only one that stayed for me. You promise right? That you will always be around me? Good. Don’t leave me.

Comments

Popular Posts